Install Windows Sub-System for Linux on Windows 10
Install Windows Sub-System for Linux
Following are the Step by step instructions to Install Windows Sub-System for Linux [Kali Linux Distribution Package] on a Windows 10 operating system
- Enable Windows Feature
Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Windows-Subsystem-Linux
Alternatively you can run Appwiz.cpl > click on “Turn Windows Feature On/Off” > check “Windows Subsystem for Linux”
- Restart your machine when prompted
- Go to Microsoft store and find a Suitable Linux Distribution.
- Then click on it which which open a new page with description, now click Install.
- Once the Installation is complete, Launch the WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux)
My New Book : PowerShell Scripting Guide to Python
This PowerShell Scripting guide to Python is designed to make readers familiar with syntax, semantics and core concepts of Python language, in an approach that readers can totally relate with the concepts of PowerShell already in their arsenal, to learn Python fast and effectively, such that it sticks with readers for longer time.
“Use what you know to learn what you don’t. ” also known as Associative learning.
Book follows a comparative method to jump start readers journey in Python, but who is the target audience? and who should read this book –
- Any System Administrator who want to step into Development or Programming roles, and even if you don’t want to be a developer, knowledge of another scripting language will make your skill set more robust.
- Python Developers who want to learn PowerShell scripting and understand its ease of user and importance to manage any platform.
Python is one of the top programming languages and in fast changing IT scenarios to DevOps and Cloudto the future – Data Science, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning Python is a must know.
But this PowerShell Scripting guide to Python would be very helpful for you if you already have some knowledge of PowerShell
NOTE! This is a Leanpub “Agile-published” book. That means the book is currently unfinished and in-progress. As I continue to complete the chapters, we will re-publish the book with the new and updated content. Readers will receive an email once a new version is published!
While the book is in progress, please review it and send any feedback or error corrections at [email protected]