Powershell : Find-UnsecureWifiConnection's Nearby
Right now I’m sitting in a Cafe near my place, where I spend most of my weekends and was going through few of my old Powershell scripts, I saw the one which I’m sharing right now because it works well in public places, with lots of people 😀
So today we’re looking it a quick script to Identify Unsecure WiFi Connection nearby you.
Yes unsecure! that means without a password in an automated fashion 😉
HOW IT WORKS :
To make it work is a 4 step Process –
- Find all Nearby Wifi connections and their properties using Netsh command.
- Convert the results from step one to Powershell objects, and filter out Open WiFi’s (Without Password)
- Log results to a File with Timestamps
- Display a Balloon notification in system tray
HOW TO RUN :
There two ways to run the script –
- Run it On demand, whenever required by executing it in any Powershell host.
- Schedule the script execution in Task Scheduler to run it every 5 mins (Preferred approach
Purpose is NOT stealing your neighbor’s WiFi data 🙂 !! But, I wrote this script just for fun 😉 and to educate people to at-least keep a password on their WiFi.
Infact I just called out a name of Guy who was flaunting his open Wifi on his Iphone 😀 later got weird looks from him across the cafe.
Hoping you’ll find it fun!! 🙂 Happy weekends!