Right now I’m sitting in a Cafe near my place, where I spend most of my weekends and was going through few of my old PowerShell scripts, I saw the one which I’m sharing right now because it works well in public places, with lots of people 😀 . So today we’re looking it a quick script to Identify Insecure WiFi with PowerShell.
Yes Insecure! that means without a password in an automated fashion 😉
HOW IT WORKS – Finding Insecure WiFi with PowerShell
To make it work is a 4 step Process –
- Find all Nearby Wifi connections and their properties using Netsh command.
- Convert the results from step one to Powershell objects, and filter out Open WiFi’s (Without Password)
- Log results to a File with Timestamps
- Display a Balloon notification in system tray
HOW TO RUN :
There two ways to run the script –
- Run it On demand, whenever required by executing it in any Powershell host.
- Schedule the script execution in Task Scheduler to run it every 5 mins (Preferred approach
Purpose is NOT stealing your neighbor’s WiFi data 🙂 !! But, I wrote this script just for fun 😉 and educational purpose.
Hoping you’ll find it fun!! 🙂 Happy weekends!
My new book : PowerShell Scripting Guide to Python
This PowerShell Scripting guide to Python is designed to make readers familiar with syntax, semantics and core concepts of Python language, in an approach that readers can totally relate with the concepts of PowerShell already in their arsenal, to learn Python fast and effectively, such that it sticks with readers for longer time.
“Use what you know to learn what you don’t. ” also known as Associative learning.
Book follows a comparative method to jump start readers journey in Python, but who is the target audience? and who should read this book –
- Any System Administrator who want to step into Development or Programming roles, and even if you don’t want to be a developer, knowledge of another scripting language will make your skill set more robust.
- Python Developers who want to learn PowerShell scripting and understand its ease of user and importance to manage any platform.
Python is one of the top programming languages and in fast changing IT scenarios to DevOps and Cloud to the future – Data Science, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning Python is a must know.
But this PowerShell Scripting guide to Python would be very helpful for you if you already have some knowledge of PowerShell
NOTE! This is a Leanpub “Agile-published” book. That means the book is currently unfinished and in-progress. As I continue to complete the chapters, we will re-publish the book with the new and updated content. Readers will receive an email once a new version is published!
While the book is in progress, please review it and send any feedback or error corrections at [email protected]