PowerShell : Spell checking and Rectifying Spelling Mistakes
Today we’ll see how we can use PowerShell to Spell check Strings passed as parameter, to Identify spelling mistakes and Rectify those spelling mistakes.
If you follow my blog, you must be aware that I’m a big fan of Microsoft API’s because of there usability and ease to access.I’ve covered many of the Microsoft ProjectOxford’s APIs in my previous posts.
WHAT THIS API CAN DO?
Spell check API is capable to –
- Identify Unknown or Misspelled words.
- Identify Repetitive words in a string.
- Remove Special characters and punctuations marks from the string.
- Identifies Nouns (Like Name, City, Country) and make the first Alphabet in Upper Case.
- Provide Suggestions to replace misspelled words in in a sentence, like in the below screenshot.
HOW IT WORKS :
Following image will give you an idea how my code works and what are the steps involved.
GET THE SCRIPT :
Click Here to go to my GitHub gist to get the code.
HOW TO RUN THE SCRIPT :
Follow the below animation and explore how to use the script.
Please Like\Comment if you find it fun 🙂 and share you valuable insights, to make this script better .. Catch you guys later, ciao!